Top Reading tourist attractions to explore by car
Must-see sights, from the experts in car hire in Reading, Berkshire
Reading and the surrounding areas have something to offer, all year round – why not hire a car and explore?
Here at Caversham Vehicle Hire, we have an extensive car hire fleet along with flexible terms and affordable prices. This makes us an ideal choice if you’re looking to explore the local area.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best Reading tourist attractions to visit.
Seven things to see in Reading
Reading is Berkshire’s biggest town. Here you’ll find everything from country parks and nature reserves to museums, stately homes and ancient ruins:
- Reading Abbey Quarter and Forbury Gardens
- The Museum of English Rural Life
- The Thames LIDO – heated outdoor swimming pool, saunas and a hot tub
- Highclere Castle – a Grade 1 listed country house built in 1679 and the setting for Downton Abbey.
- Chiltern Hills – enjoy walks in the idyllic Chiltern countryside.
- Basildon Park – just northwest of Reading lies this resplendent Palladian country house.
- The Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
Things to do with kids in Reading
Reading and the surrounding historic county of Berkshire offer plenty of things to keep children entertained. Here are some fun things to do with kids in Reading and Berkshire:
- Award-winning Wellington Country Park is seven miles south of Reading. With a large outdoor recreation area, 350 acres of forest woven with nature trails, a lake and cafe. There is also an animal farm and petting barn, adventure playgrounds, a miniature train, a maze, an enchanted forest and 12 hole mini-golf course.
- Ruins of the Roman city of Silchester – a free English Heritage site ten miles southwest of Reading.
- Odds Farm Park
- Go Ape Bracknell – adventure courses through the treetops of Swinley Forest
- RedKangaroo Trampoline Park
- TeamSport Indoor Karting
Christmas things to do in Reading and Berkshire
In 2022 there will be a host of wonderful festive events and experiences, in and around Reading and the county of Berkshire:
- Illuminated at Windsor Great Park – enjoy a magical evening of twinkling lights in the park woodland.
- Wokingham Winter Carnival – on 27th November – experience traditional fun fair rides, stalls, entertainment and delicious food with a festive atmosphere.
- Twilight Trail at Biscuit Town, Reading – festive illuminations at Reading’s historic sites
- Christmas at Basildon House – A Winter Ball, Reading – from 16th November – 6th January 2023 – festive glamour, wreath-making and candlelight tours
- Howden Christmas Racing Weekend at Ascot Racecourse – on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th December 2022
- LaplandUK, Whitmoor Forest, Ascot – from 12th November to 24th December – an immersive adventure in a magical world
- Legoland at Christmas, Windsor – from 26th November 2022 to 3rd January 2023 – rides, live shows and attractions
- Winter Wonderland, Reading – from 12th November to 3rd January 2023 – get into the Christmas spirit with festive food, rides and attractions and an ice rink
Why choose us for car hire in Reading, Berkshire
Whether you’re a tourist visiting Reading, or a resident who wants to hire a car to explore Berkshire, we’re sure to have the right vehicle for you.
When you hire a car from us and explore the Reading tourist attractions, you’ll benefit from:
- Affordable vehicle hire
When hiring a car from us, there’s no need to be concerned about high costs. Our fully inclusive hire rates are available with appealingly competitive prices for weekend and longer term periods.
- A choice of cars to meet your requirements
Our extensive fleet of high-quality hire vehicles has something for everyone. We are sure to have the choice of the perfect car for your needs:
- Compact car hire – easy to nip around town
- Medium car – a great option for family days out
- Large car – spacious and ideal for larger families or groups of adults, plus space for luggage in the generous boot
- Executive car – a more luxurious vehicle, to treat yourself and your passengers
- MPV – 7 and 9 seater seater hire
- Minibus hire – 14 and 17-seater options are available for larger groups
- Flexible hire terms
Our vehicle hire services centre around your convenience. We offer long and short-term hire contracts. Whether you need a car for a day, a week or a month, we can help.
- Reliable and well maintained vehicles
When you opt for us, you are choosing a hire company that maintains its vehicles to the highest standard.
You can rely on us to have serviced and maintained your vehicle, so that all you have to do is sign your paperwork and you’re off on your journey. Explore Reading, Newbury, Berkshire and beyond, safe in the knowledge that your hire vehicle is in perfect order.
Looking for reliable and cheap car hire for a day out in Reading?
We hope we have provided some inspiring ideas of where to go, in and around the area. Whether you’re looking for car hire to see the Reading tourist attractions or explore a little further afield, we can help.
Call us today on 0118 947 6500 to secure the best vehicle hire rates for your requirements. Our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you have about our car hire services.